Cake Poker is an established poker room that still has plenty of fish and is a great place for lower limit players to build their bankroll. Cake is a very secure room that will be a player in the poker industry for many years. The initial deposit bonus is a good amount and is easy to clear. I would strongly advise that you try out Cake Poker at least to clear the bonus.
Available Poker Variants
There are still a very small number of online poker games that you can play at Cake Poker. But this means at the same time that you can find a decent amount of competition at these games. Here is the list with all the online poker games that you can play at Cake Poker: Texas Hold’em, Omaha and Omaha Hi Lo. In addition to the online poker variations, you can also play a few online casino games and bet on a massive variety of sporting events.
Initial Deposit Bonus
Cake Poker offers a 200% matching bonus up to $2000 on first deposits. To release the bonus you must earn Frequent Player Points (also known as FPP’s) by playing in Cake Poker cash games and tournaments. In cash games you earn 1 point for every $1 that is raked up to a maximum of 3 points per hand. For every $1 paid in tournament fees you earn 7 FPP’s. Each FPP you earn is equivalent to $0.06 of your Cake Poker bonus. The bonus is then released in increments of $10 with your pending bonus decreasing each time a payment is made. After 90 days any amount of the bonus that you have not cleared will be forfeit.
Player Traffic and Competition
Cake Poker is now part of the Revolution online poker network. This means that you will be part of one of the fastest growingpoker networks. The online statistics are showing that during the peak periods you get the chance to find around 4,000 – 7,000 poker players at both tournaments and cash games. The competition at Cake Poker has always been soft, ever since this online poker room was launched it managed to offer a very soft and relaxed competition, making it a paradise for any experienced player.
- New Depositor Freerolls – $500 new depositor freerolls every Saturday at 2pm.
- Gold Chip Giveaways – As you earn FPP’s you earn gold chips. You can use these gold chips in the Cake Poker shop or to play in exclusive tourneys. Each month, the more gold chips you earn, the faster the following gold chip is earned in terms of FPP’s. The first gold chip is earned after 120 FPP’s and this amount decreases until the fifth gold chip only takes 70 FPP’s. The sixth gold chip is then given for free and every gold chip thereafter takes 70 FPP’s to earn.
- Gold Cards – A gold card is released each time a ring game table reaches a preset amount of rake. If the card released matches one of the cards you were dealt, then you get to add that card to your collection.
- Gold Card Daily Lottery – Cake announces a new gold card every day and if you own that specific card you can win cash prizes or tournament entries.
- Gold Card 500 – Every gold card that you win earns you miles in a weekly gold card race. The top 10 mile collectors each week win cash prizes. First place wins $500; tenth place wins $110 and the other 8 places are somewhere in between.
- Refer-a-Friend – $100 for you, $100 for your friend.
Cake has a plenty of scheduled tournaments every day to keep you busy. There are a lot of low buy-in tournaments as well as lots of rebuys and add-ons. The rebuy and add-on tournaments are great value because some players just go crazy with rebuys and give their chips away. There are tourneys up to $50 each day and Cake has the big $100K weekly and $250K monthly guarantees.
Cake Poker is a well-established online poker room that has been around for long enough to offer you a good set of online poker tournaments. Each and every week you are given the chance to be part of a tournament with prizes that are worth up to $100K. Right now there is the $110,000 GTD Pro Bounty Edition which is followed by an $80k Guaranteed Super Stack Pro Bounty Edition.
One of the best ways to give a good boost to your Cake Poker bankroll is by joining the freeroll tournaments which are available. There is the new depositor’s freeroll where there is a $500 prize and takes place every Saturday at 2 PM ET. In addition to that there is also a $1000 bankroll freeroll available.
. The majority of the tourneys that fill are under $25 and Cake has a lot of variations such as double or nothing tournaments, bounty tournaments and more.
The lower limit traffic for hold’em and Omaha is good at Cake Poker. There are plenty of games $2/$4 and below and they are great value games with lots of fishies. Cake also offers the micro stake games of $0.02/$0.04 for those of us who are just starting the bankroll build.
The competition has improved from the very early days of Cake Poker, but it is still a good value for players because the competition is a little bit below average compared to other rooms.
The weaknesses of Cake Poker
– Lacks of others more exotic poker variations
– Little to no action at the high and ultra-high stakes
– Customer support service available only via e-mail.
The advantages of using Cake Poker
– Great software and customer support service
– Sports betting and casino play
– Soft competition
– Excellent set of tournaments, freerolls and satellites
Software & Graphics
The software isn’t fancy, but it is very functional with smooth game play. Cake has 20 3-d avatars that you can choose from, all of which are fairly realistic. The software is constantly being updated and any problems with lag or other issues from the early days have since been fixed. Download Cake Poker and see for yourself just how good the software is.
Cake offers an FAQ section and email support.
MasterCard, Visa, Moneybookers, EcoCard, eWalletXpress and Neteller (where accepted).
The minimum deposit is $25 for MasterCard or Visa and $25 for all other methods.
Moneybookers, EcoCard, eWalletXpress and Neteller.
Cake also offers the option to request a check be mailed, but you must send a valid photo ID and proof of address.
The minimum withdrawal is $50 through all eWallets and $500 by personal check.